Monday 19 September 2011

David Hockney's '25 trees' at Salts Mill, Saltaire.

I haven't been to see the new exhibition at Salts mill yet but I am very excited to! I have always paid attention to Hockney's work as he constantly inspires me. I am not biased, although he is a Yorkshire man. All credit is due, his work blows me away. The new work, photographs each measuring 27ft in length, show the same 25 trees on a Bridlington street at three different times of year.




Over the past few years he has painted fantastic artworks of the countryside that I live in (North Yorkshire). The colours are outstanding; bold yet capturing the shift in tones, always paying attention to the season. I love the great scale he paints at, it makes you feel like you are walking life size into his painterly woods.






No comments:

Post a Comment